Wednesday 9 January 2013

Unit 3 - From Script to Screen Intro and Initial Ideas

On Monday I had my briefing with the Phil on the classes new project so as usually I put my hand into the frightening yet exciting box (although this time it was three brown bags) to see what environment, character and prop I would be using for my animation which were:

Environment: Lighthouse
Character: Magician
Prop: Vacuum Cleaner  

I'm excited for what I've picked as I don’t have any sense of disappointment with what I picked but I seem to be struggling with generating ideas, so I've started doing a little research on each word to find something out about them and to look for a possible hidden meaning:

Lighthouse: After looking into lighthouses I found that there is a lot of symbolism behind them such as: danger, risk, adversity, challenge and vigilance. But it also offers guidance, salvation and safety. They can also symbolize the way forward and help in navigating our way through rough waters whether those waters be financial, personal, business or spiritual in nature.

Magician: I couldn't find a hidden meaning behind a Magician but I Googled the word to get its definition, the word had quite a few meanings such as: A sorcerer/ Wizard, One who uses magic for entertainment or diversion, it's also another term for conjuror and someone who practices magic.

Vacuum Cleaner: The same goes for a vacuum cleaner it doesn’t seem to have any hidden meaning and the definition was just an electrical appliance that cleans surfaces by suction.

This seems to help me a lot now that I have a better understanding of what each word means I can start to think more and get ideas for my script as I always find that part difficult and feel I'm falling behind already.


No comments:

Post a Comment